See you at Sleepless San Diego!
Stay Late or Sleep Out
|Most of us in San Diego have a safe, dry place to sleep every night. Yet while we are home in our beds, nearly 8,500+ homeless men, women, and children in San Diego seek comfort on the streets. Each of us can do our part in helping to find solutions to the challenges facing our homeless brothers and sisters. Now celebrating its 9th year, Sleepless America San Diego has become an important part of this conversation.|
On Saturday and Sunday, October 10-11, hundreds of San Diegans will came out with their family and friends (stay late or sleep out overnight!) to help the homeless through this special evening.
Watch Video Coverage of Sleepless 2014
KUSI News - San Diego, CA
- Participate with your family, friends, youth groups, and school groups, in a simulated, safe experience that will give you a small sense of homelessness. (Please note that this event is not an interactive event with our homeless brothers and sisters, but rather a fundraising and awareness event for solutions to homelessness.)
- Learn about and experience various scenarios that homeless individuals face daily.
- Similar to a walkathon, compete with others to raise money to help homeless men, women, and children at San Diego Rescue Mission.
- Enjoy live music, an art gallery, and participate in activities including a care package station.
- Hear from experts about the issue of homelessness and how to do your part.
- Watch powerful videos showing that examine homelessness.
- Discuss our personal perceptions of homelessness and what's being done to help.
- Feel good knowing that you and your family/friends are doing your part to help rescue homeless men, women, and children!
- Have Questions? Contact Ryan Chambers at 619-819-1892 or firstname.lastname@example.org.